Hello, and happy Wednesday! This week we have very fashionable guests... Stylist, Alex, and her dog, Marlo will be joining us this week, and take note! Alex is always on point with her fashion tips, styling, and knows what's up!!
-AA + Felicity
p.s. Share with all your cool pet people friends ;)
Meet the Person:
1. what is your name?
2. what is your favorite color?
3. what is your favorite type of food or meal?
PIZZA. Specifically from Malatesta Tratoria in NYC
4. what is a smell that makes you happy?
5. if you could tell your younger self something you wish you knew now, what would it be?
It's all going to work out.
6. who is your fashion icon or role model?
7. If You Had A Theme Song, What Would It Be?
Edge of Midnight by Stevie Nicks
8. what’s one thing most people don’t know about you?
I always have enjoyed gardening. I feel that gardening with plants always helps my anxiety a lot. It's a calming activity for me.
9. what’s one ingredient you put in everything?
Truffles or pesto!
10. Best compliment you’ve ever received?
I have always found myself in the past as being super high strung, type A, everything needs to be exact kind of thing… I have just stopped caring so much, and recently in the past couple of years, I've had multiple people tell me how calming my presence is. And I really like that. That's a great compliment to me
11. What are you most excited about at this time in your life?
I am most excited about my sense of… Hm what's the word I'm looking for? Where you just don't care! Where I'm okay with being at home, I'm okay being still, I'm excited about being still!
BONUS bc she's a style guru: What is a wardrobe piece every man/woman should have?
Okay, so every woman always, 100% needs a pair of red gloves for the winter, I always say, "A woman needs her red leather gloves." And then, a man always needs a Chelsea boot.
Meet the Pet:
1. what is your name?
2. what breed are you?
Blue Heeler mixed.
3. how old are you? human or animal years is fine.
4. What is your star sign?
5. if you had superpowers, what would it be?
be able to fly
6. who is your role model in life?
7. tell us your adoption/rescue story…
I was with my brother roaming the streets of Arkansas when, just as a baby at three months old, someone found me and gave me to this sweet lady!
8. favorite color?
9. what is the ultimate cheat meal for you?
LOVE string cheese. The moment the package opens, I am there chomping at the bit.
10. what nicknames do you go by?
Roo and Bug
11. How would you define yourself in three words?
Intense, driven, and loving.
Meet the Pair:
1. take us through your morning routines together…
Every morning, my alarm goes off at 6:30 and Marlo jumps up with me and snuggles for a total of one minute before making me get out of bed and taking her outside. We roam, we take a nice little walk every morning. We come back and we make breakfast. I'll make my breakfast, feed her, and we eat at the same time. She only eats whenever I eat. So, I have to make sure to eat with her every morning and every evening.
Then, she because then she's a Blue Heeler mix, we have to spend a lot of time outside. IN the afternoon, we typically go play fetch in the field. Also, usually go for a walk in the evening and then we will watch TV for a little bit. We will sit there, and do some stretches. Then, at night she goes to her room, AKA kennel, and sleeps there and won't sleep in bed with me! It's very rude.
2. do you ever dress a like?
whenever I do dress her, she won't move. She's like thinks something's happening that's really wrong. And she literally looks frozen. Like she just saw something and she just froze. She will not move. It's the funniest thing. We don't dress her up. She gets scared.
3. what is your favorite things to do together?
Favorite thing to do together is take road trips. She sits right in the center console, and is like my little co-pilot.
4. what is something Marlo does that gets on your nerves?
She whines.. She does whine a lot. She talks to you. If she wants something, she will sit there and whine until she gets it.
5. how long have you been together?
6. does your pet inspire you? if so, how and why?
She does. She makes me a lot calmer and she makes me want to come home at night, which I think is a good thing for anyone.
7. if you and your pet were an iconic duo who would it be and why?
Thelma and Louise, just because we're bad to the bone. We'll take down anyone.
We don't mess around.
8. what is the most meaningful experience you have shared with your pet either directly or indirectly?
I think it's just, we travel together, we go on hikes together, and we get to go explore together. I take her to Arkansas all the time where my family lives and they have property out there, so she gets to roam and have a lot of fun. Just that experience together is the most meaningful to me.
9. If someone is on the fence about bringing a dog into their life, what would you two tell them?
I'd say dogs are the best thing that you can have and do for yourself.
10. If you and Marlo are having a movie night in, what are you watching?
11. is there anything else that you would like to add about you and Marlo's relationship?
I think we just have the best understanding of each other. You know? I think that dogs really get you and they're there for you. Then, all you need to do is show them love, give structure, and they're going to be like the best thing for you, individually.
I hope you enjoyed reading this week's interview with Alex and Marlo! and LADIES- get your red gloves... and DUDES- go get a Chelsea boot asap.
Be sure to follow Alex on insta @styledbycohen
See you next week!