Welcome back to another 33 Answers... This week's feature is Chuck Steelman, and his handsome dog, Baron! Chuck is a fashion expert, Vice President of TradeMark Property Co. and the district director for Fashion Group International. As a model and fashion enthusiast, I am personally giddy for you to read about Chuck + Baron, and learn some fun answers from the two! With out further a do, enjoy!
-Anneliese + Felicity xoxo
Meet the Human-
1. What is your name?
2. What is your life calling?
To make a difference in the community.
3. What is your favorite color?
Blue or Gray
4. What is your favorite type of food or meal?
Tex Mex. Nothing beats a great margarita and queso.
5. What is a smell that makes you happy?
I love candles. My favorite scents are Bamboo and Pumpkin Chai from Nest Fragrances.
6. If you could tell your younger self something you wish you knew now, what would it be?
That it is okay to be yourself.
7. What inspired you to do what you are doing now?
I was selected to be on the Teen Board of a Mercantile owned department store in Mobile, AL my junior year of high school. This experience allowed me the opportunity to work in the fashion industry by assisting in producing fashion shows and community events at an early age. It made me realize that this was a career I wanted to pursue.
8. What are the unwritten rules of where you work?
9. What is a wardrobe piece every woman should have? And what is the one every man should have?
For women, a great coat wardrobe with styles by Ralph Lauren, Canada Goose, or Topshop, all available at Nordstrom Galleria Dallas. I also think every woman needs a Dior Book Tote. This handbag is the perfect bag to carry everything you need – especially your laptop or iPad. For men, a great hoodie for layering and the perfect coat. I am obsessed with the styles by Billy Reid this season. A Breitling time piece from Bachendorfs at Galleria Dallas is also a fashion must have for men.
10. If you had super powers what would they be?
I would love to be able to fly.
11. What do you enjoy doing when you aren’t working?
I love to travel and to entertain. I love visiting Aspen and many European cities. I also enjoy hosting dinner parties at my home with great friends.
andddd a BONUS!
What is your favorite trend at the moment? And what is one you despise?
I am obsessed with layering pieces – a great hoodie or a cardigan. I think fashion is about choices, and choosing a trend that fits your personal style, so I cannot think of one that I despise.
Meet the Pet-
1 What is your name?
2. What is the best and worst thing about being a dog?
The best thing is getting to take car rides and the worst thing is being home alone. I enjoy being around my owners.
3. How old are you? (Animal years)
I am 10 years old. I was born on 10-10-10.
4. If you had super powers, what would it be?
I would want to talk so I could clearly communicate what I need my owners to understand.
5. Who is your role model in life?
Max from the movie, “The Secret Life of Pets”. He is curious and always ends up on top.
6. Tell us your adoption/rescue story.
My owners adopted me from my previous owner who had to move to New York City for work and could not take me to the big city.
7. Do you ever dress alike?
We rarely dress alike, because I have a style all of my own. I do have a yellow raincoat, several sweaters, a bow tie, and several Halloween costumes. I enjoy wearing costumes because I get a lot of attention.
8. What is the ultimate cheat meal for you?
I love a Starbucks pup-uccino. I also like bananas, cheese, popcorn, and blueberries.
9. What nickname do you go by?
I do not think I have a nickname, but sometimes my owner calls me “baby”.
10. What is the best thing about having each other?
Being able to exercise together by taking long walks on the Katy Trail or to Klyde Warren Park.
11. How did you get your name? Is there any significance behind it?
I am unsure. But Baron is the perfect name for my personality.
Meet the Pair-
1. Take us through your morning routines together.
Baron is always the first one to wake up. He watches to see when I might be waking up and immediately makes his presence known. Baron eats, and then immediately goes outside. 90% of the mornings, Baron gets to take a long walk on the Katy Trail. When Baron returns home, he takes a quick nap.
2. What are your favorite things to do together?
We enjoy riding in the car to Hollywood Pets, going to the Starbucks Reserve at McKinney and Olive, and taking walks.
3. Favorite game to play together?
We definitely enjoy playing ball. I love chasing the ball down the hallway.
4. What is something that your pet does that gets on your nerves?
Barking at the television when a dog, or any animal appears. Especially when I am on a Zoom call for work.
5. What is your favorite memory together?
Staying at the Joule hotel.
6. What is the funniest thing your pet has ever done?
Probably the day he saw a Frankenstein prop hanging in the neighbor’s tree for Halloween. He immediately saw it, started barking, and tried to attack it. To this day, he always keeps an eye out for the Halloween décor.
7. How long have you been together?
A little over five years.
8. Do you inspire each other in anyway? If so, how and why?
We inspire each other to exercise by taking many walks.
9. If you could ask your pet one question what would it be?
What makes you react different to the dogs you meet along the way?
10. If your pet could ask you one questions what would it be?
Why do you leave me at home during the day?
11. Is there anything else you would like to tell us about you and your pet?
It took us about six months to get into our routine, but he is a great companion and we are lucky to have each other.
Thank you to Chuck and Baron for participating in 33 Answers! I hope you enjoy reading as much as I did :) Follow them on insta! @chucksteelman
p.s. if you enjoyed what you read, share with your other feline, canine, and human friends too! that is truly the biggest show of support and I know Felicity will be incredibly grateful ;)