Hello darlings! xx
This week we have very special guests... (well I mean all of our guests are extremely special, so ANOTHER special guest!)
Today you will meet Michelle, and Mick + Jagger! Michelle is the PaperCity Magazine Creative Director, and WOW. Her art direction is out of this world, and her editorials consistently leave me in awe. Plus, her cats are freaking amazing!!!
Let's dive in!
Meet the Person:
1. What is your name?
2. What is your favorite color?
3. What motivated you to do the work you are doing now?
I have always loved magazines, and my background is in graphic design. When I was little, my mom would buy me fashion magazines like Harper’s Bazaar and my favorite was Interview! I decided when I was very young that I wanted to work with publications. Back then I didn’t know how, but I knew I just would.
4. Who is your fashion icon?
David bowie for sure
5. If you had a theme song, what would it be?
Banging a Gong (get it on) by T.Rex
6. What’s one ingredient you put in everything?
Omg olive oil and vinegar.
7. What do you love most about yourself?
8. Best compliment you’ve ever received?
When I did more graphic design, it always felt amazing when someone would save a piece I did or decide to get into graphic design because of seeing my work.
9. What is your perfect “day off”?
Sunny, working out, walking a lot, enjoying a good cortado outside, and then in the evening enjoying a natural wine outside with friends.
10. What is your proudest moment thus far in your career as an art director?
When we (Paper City Magazine) did our first photoshoot in Mexico City, where I am from, for Paper City it meant a lot. Mindy, Doug Voisin, and Gabby Rossenberg, made it happen with me. It was all very challenging, but so meaningful.
11. What are you most excited about at this time in your life?
I am excited about the vaccine and that we will hopefully be done with this pandemic! Also, I feel like we have had time as a community to appreciate what we have, and now there’s so much hope politically, economically, and in general.
Meet the Pets:
1. What is your name?
Mick and Jagger
2. What breed are you?
Mick: idk! We are mutts. We were picked up from the vet…
3. How old are you? Human or animal years is fine.
4. What is your zodiac sign?
We are brother (Jagger) and sister (Mick), cancers!
5. If you had superpowers, what would it be?
Mick and Jagger: Get big and rule the world
6. Who is your role model in life?
Our mom and our dad!
7. Tell us your adoption/rescue story…
Jagger: Michelle picked us up from the vet, and looked at me and Mick… she just knew! Plus 2 cats is always better than one!
8. What is the ultimate cheat meal for you?
Jagger: royal canine and steak
9. What nicknames do you go by?
Mick: “Mikina” because sometimes I can be a Russian agent.
Jagger: and I go by “Pachuko” sometimes, but I have no idea why
10. If you could do any trick, what would it be?
Well I mean we do yoga practically every day with our contortions so what could be better?!
11. How would you define yourself in three words?
Mick: mischievous, introspective, demanding
Jagger: hammy, sweet, caring
Meet the Pair:
1. Take us through your morning routines together…
Wakeup, feed the cats, and go for a little walk to get coffee!
2. Do you ever dress a like?
I’d say I dress the most like Mick… dark colors!
3. What is your favorite thing to watch?
RuPaul’s Drag Race!
4. What is something Mick and Jagger do that gets on your nerves?
Ohhhh when they get on the table and start throwing things!
5. What is the funniest thing Mick and Jagger have ever done?
So when their little water fountain broke, they were so upset. They just kept going to it, poking it like, “hey! Wake up!”
6. How long have you been together?
12 years and going strong!
7. Does your pet inspire you? If so, how and why?
They really do. They inspire me to chill, and to take a moment.
8. As a creative, do you feel that your cats feed your creative spirit?
Maybe, but truthfully I have never thought about that. I know that my life would be incredibly empty without them.
9. If you and your pet were an iconic duo (could be from anywhere… tv, movies, celebrities, history, etc) who would it be and why?
10. What is the most meaningful experience you have shared with your pet either directly or indirectly?
When Jagger had a horrible surgery, and we really thought he could pass away. That experience taught me a lot about myself, and I didn’t realize how nurturing I was. Many sleepless nights, yet, he is a fighter and still has a lot of life in him! He’s doing really well now.
11. If someone is on the fence about bringing a cat into their life, what would you two tell them?
Please get one. They are the best. They are very funny. And they’re very independent.
I hope you LOVED reading and meeting Michelle + her cats, and go find them on insta @michelleavina
and I will talk to you next week! xoxox
-Anneliese + Felicity xx