welcome to this week's 33 Answers. Today you will meet Steph, the creator and founder of Flair Goods. She is such a creative and inspiring boss woman. If you don't already follow her on insta, you need to because she's doing big thangsssss (um like being picked up by Urban Outfitters 🤩🤩🤩). She and Winnie have a long relationship history, and did not disappoint with their answers...
-AA + Felicity xx
MEET THE PERSON:
1. what is your name?
2. what is your favorite color?
Iridescent, but also on a purple kick right now! My favorite colors come with the changing of my aura.
3. What is your favorite type of food or meal?
Homemade fried chicken!
4. what is a smell that makes you happy?
When you get up in the morning, dew is on the ground, and you can smell the dew… It reminds me of being a kid and getting up really early to go on a trip or hiking. That smell + a mix of coffee is one that makes me happy!
5. If You Had A Theme Song, What Would It Be?
The opening song from Sanford and Son!
6. What’s one thing most people don’t know about you?
When I was a kid, I was in beauty pageants. Total toddlers and tiaras moment for me in my life. Also, I am a national Greek mythology scholar.
7. What do you love most about your body?
That it gets me where I need to go. Instead of getting down on myself about something I don’t like, I work to thank my body for all that it does. But on a surface level, I think I have really nice legs.
8. Best thing to happen to you today?
Oooo! Best thing to happen to me today, a second grader told me “you have a snatched skinny body!”.
9. Best compliment you’ve ever received?
Probably someone telling me that I’ve got the juice, and I’ve got what I need to succeed. Not a physical comment, but a genuine comment about someone seeing what I can do and how I work.
10. Where do you look for inspiration?
Honestly my niece. She has been my muse this past year with making all the clips. She is so interesting and sees the world with a unique perspective. But also, I pull inspiration from a lot of my talented and creative friends. My environment as well.
11. What inspired you to start Flair Goods?
I would like to have more control over my time and autonomy. I am just at this place in my life where I know that I have different skills that I can utilize more to build my future. Just to be self-sufficient and independent with my position and better myself with something I genuinely love to do every day.
MEET THE PET:
1. what is your name?
2. what breed are you?
3. how old are you? human or animal years is fine.
16 dog years
4. What is your star sign?
5. if you had superpowers, what would it be?
Totally FLYING so I can reach all the trees and get all the squirrels
6. tell us your adoption/rescue story…
oh, okay I’ve got a good one. Brace yourself- Steph was in college, and she got a phone call from a boyfriend and said that someone he knew was taking this dog to the pound if no one would take it… Steph couldn’t stomach that, and so she went and saved me!
7. what is the ultimate cheat meal for you?
I love the fat off of a good steak!
8. what nicknames do you go by?
I go by wind doggie, honey puppy, honey baby, and I answer to puppy baby!
9. If You Had A Theme Song, What Would It Be?
A thousand miles
10. What would you like to be remembered for?
My unwavering loyalty.
11. How would you define yourself in three words?
Snoozing. And Treats.
MEET THE PAIR:
1. take us through your morning routines together…
first of all, Winnie sleeps between my legs most of the night, and will burrow into the blankets. She just wants to be attached to me. We get up, Winnie stays in bed, and I’ll hit the yoga mat, and get dressed. Then we go out before I leave, and but first I will gingerly get Winnie out of the bed, and baby her + tell her some morning affirmations (she will wake up on the wrong side of the bed if I don’t). we put on her puffer coat, go outside, get treats, and then put her back to bed on the couch. Then I ask her what she wants to listen to today- she never really has an opinion, but I tell google to put on “Winnie”s playlist” and then I go off to work!
2. do you ever dress a like?
I mean we’ve had a few, “no bitch go change” moments, but she’s not a big one for clothes. She LOVES her puffer and sparkly collars. But that’s pretty much it.
3. what is your favorite thing to do together?
Snack and eat treats. Also walks and the park!
4. what is something Winnie does that gets on your nerves?
Well she can be a little spiteful sometimes… it’s not often but if you leave her out of the mix, she will eat the strap off of any bag. She knows what the most functional part of any bag is and destroy it. Its only happened a handful of times, but always in a time of transition. She’s a savage at times. Like she’s eaten the strap off of my neighbors Louis Vuitton bag (very expensive taste), and the back heel of an ex-boyfriends Jordan’s that weren’t even 24hrs old…
5. what is the funniest thing Winnie has ever done?
So, we were travelling in Austin and Winnie was really loving it! We got to a waterfall, and she saw all these big dogs jumping from rock to rock, and she just leaped (as much as a wiener dog can) and fell, and slipped into the stream. Some guy scooped her up by her harness, and she was just genuinely embarrassed the rest of the trip.
6. how long have you been together?
7. does your pet inspire you? if so, how and why?
Absolutely. I work so that Winnie can have a better life. As a parent, you want to give your kids everything you never had, and Winnie inspires me to do that for her every day.
8. if you and your pet were an iconic duo (could be from anywhere… tv, movies, celebrities, history, etc) who would it be and why?
Definitely Paris and Nicole Richie. That’s just our vibeeee!
9. what is the most meaningful experience you have shared with your pet either directly or indirectly?
She has just been with me through every stage of my adult hood, and there to comfort me, she’s there to make me feel good, and I just appreciate all the snuggles and even the stinky dog breath. Just growing up with Winnie is the most meaningful.
10. Does Winnie attack the vacuum?
Oh, it’s from hell, and not here to do anything of purpose, but just to torment. Rumbas are the worst.
11. If someone is on the fence about bringing a dog into their life, what would you two tell them?
I would tell them, to be completely aware of that commitment. It is a lifelong commitment, and pets will love you unconditionally. If you are going to have a pet, you need to go into it with the mindset that YOU will be their forever home.
Okie dokie love, I hope you have enjoyed meeting Steph and Winnie! Be sure to find them on insta @flairegoods and go snag some of her magical clippies!
Till next week,