Alika + Birdie | 33 Answer's
This week's interview we meet Alika Ray and her dog, Birdie! Alika is a model and actress in DFW, and dog momma to Birdie! I can't wait for you to get to know these two with some fun answers...
Anneliese + Felicity xoxo
Meet the Human-
1. what is your name?
2. what is your calling in life?
3. what is your favorite color?
Depends on the day. And my mood.
4. what is your favorite type of food or meal?
I love all the foods. But I love Indian. And my moms burritos.
5. what is a smell that makes you happy?
Honeysuckle and Jasmine in the spring. Pinion wood in the fall.
6. if you had super powers what would they be?
7. what inspired you to do what you are doing now?
The people I met in the industry really inspire me. So many creative artists. I feel really lucky to be a small part of it all.
8. if you could tell your younger self something you wish you knew now, what would it be?
Save as much money as you can. Do not settle. Dont be afraid.
9. if you had one word to describe your self, what would it be?
10. what are the unwritten rules of where you work?
Read a room. Act accordingly.
11. as a model and working in the fashion industry, what is a strange or memorable story that has always stuck with you?
Well, Ive been in the industry for 25 years. So there are alot of stories and situations that come with that. Especially living in LA for 7 years. Lots of random jobs and situations that looking back...I thank god im alive! LOL! But I think for anyone not in the industry the basic not knowing what exactly you are doing is kinda funny. Like, don't know what Im doing, where this job is at....but I need to bring nude undergarmets, nipple covers and a good shoe bag.
Fashion TIP BONUS: What is an absolute must have fashion piece for you at the moment?
the Matisse Caty boot in Ivory.
Meet the Pet-
1. what is your name?
2. what breed are you?
3. how old are you? human or animal years is fine.
almost 3 years old!!!
4. if you had super powers, what would it be?
super human strength
5. who is your role model in life?
6. tell us your adoption/rescue story…
I was adopted from DFW Rescue Me! My mom was turned in pregnant with me and my 2 siblings. I was born not breathing. The runt. 2 lbs. My front legs never fully developed so they look more like lobster claws than paws. My foster mom Meghan Saunders took good care of me, brought me to her work and my Aunt Cristin called my human to come meet me. And I found out how to live in this big world.
7. what is the ultimate cheat meal for you?
a meal that never ends.
8. what nicknames do you go by?
Birdie Raymond. The Bird. Bird. BURRRRRRR.
9. how did you get your name? is there any significance behind it?
I was so small that I liked to perch like a Bird on my moms shoulder.
10. what is the best and worst thing about being a dog (or cat)?
The best thing about being a dog are the naps. The worst, not having thumbs. If I did, I could help myself to all the food whenever I want.
11. what is something you want people to know about you?
Do NOT wake me from my nap.
Meet the Pair-
1. take us through your morning routines together…
Wake up early to eat then go back to bed for a hour. Then we have 15 min snuggle time. She helps me make the bed. (jumps around on it while I make it)
2. do you ever dress a like?
3. what is your favorite things to do together?
We go on walks. Birdie loves her stroller where she can bark at all the fire hydrants.
4. favorite game to play together?
Find Flea. Her fav toy is a Flea doll. She loves it.
5. what is something Birdie does that gets on your nerves?
licks and licks and licks....wont stop.
6. what is the best thing about having each other?
7. what is your favorite memory together?
Car rides to TX Hill Country. And staying in dog friendly hotels.
8. what is the funniest thing Birdie has ever done?
She has an attitude. Its really funny. If she is bothered while taking a nap, she will go off. Also, Her front legs lift off the ground when she barks.
9. how long have you been together?
2 1/2 years
10. what is the hardest thing about caring for Birdie?
Baths. Ive to get handling gloves because she HATES them. She goes in attack mode. Her skin is sensitive and need to have a medicated bath often. Also, because of her paw deformity, her nails grow curled. So sometimes they get caught in things.
11. does Birdie inspire you? if so, how and why?
To be more patient and more loving.
A MASSIVE thank you to Birdie and Alika for joining us this week! Follow them on insta and share this interview with all your feline, canine, and human friends!!!