Hello, and welcome to 2021! To begin this year on an exciting note, I am honored to share with you my interview with the incredible Mrs. Sizzle! Suzanne is an internationally renowned branding and content wizard. From being the former Executive Photo Director for Glamour Magazine, to now being the Senior Director of Global Creative Production at Nike, Mrs. Sizzle utilizes her expertise and connections in the fashion & arts industries to create awareness for rescuing + adopting pets in need.
I hope you enjoy, and be sure to share this interview with all your cool dog and cat people friends ;)
-AA + Felicity
Meet the Person-
1. what is your name?
Suzanne Donaldson. AKA Mrs. Sizzle
2. what is your calling in life?
To live a happy life with dogs in the picture, always.
3. what is your favorite color?
4. What is your favorite type of food or meal?
I would say deliciously fresh sushi and salad.
5. what is a smell that makes you happy?
6. where and how did you grow up?
Washington DC, in a very creative environment.
7. what inspired you to do what you are doing now?
My creative role currently, is Senior Director of Global Creative Production at Nike. And then my side gig is my Mrs. Sizzle hustle, which is getting as many dogs adopted as one possibly can do. I had been working in fashion magazines, had purchased my two dogs with very little education or knowledge about where they came from. And once I discovered where they came from, I felt it was necessary to use my media platform to take pictures of dogs that were up for adoption, to give them a better chance to be adopted.
8. if you could tell your younger self something you wish you knew now, what would it be?
Be more self-confident, because in the end, it's just a game.
9. if you had superpowers what would they be?
I think I would be a flying unicorn.
10. who is your fashion icon or role model?
11. If you could know the absolute and total truth to one question, what question would you ask?
when will puppy mills become illegal?
1. what is your name?
Edie and Clair
2. what breed are you?
3. how old are you? human or animal years is fine.
4. if you had super powers, what would it be?
Edie: get everybody to vote
Clair: I would be invisible!
5. who is your role model in life?
6. favorite color?
7. what is the ultimate cheat meal for you?
filet mignon and mashed potatoes.
8. what nicknames do you go by?
"Needy Edie" and "Clair Bear"
9. what is the best and worst thing about being a dog?
The best thing about being a dog is that you get loved on constantly, and the worst thing about being a dog is walking on a leash.
10. How would you describe yourself in one word?
11. If You Had A Theme Song, What Would It Be?
Clair- Believe by Okay Kaya
Edie- Magic by Coldplay
Meet the Pair-
1. take us through your morning routines together…
Morning routine is coffee on the couch, in my lap, after breakfast, and then a long walk in the neighborhood.
2. do you ever dress a like?
all three of us? No, all three of us, never, but the girls always. they favor stripes, and it's usually a simple T-shirt.
3. what is your favorite things to do together?
Our favorite things to do together are long drives, hikes, and snuggling.
4. favorite game to play together?
Sit, stay, okay, release!
5. what is something Edie and Claire does that gets on your nerves?
Not walking properly on a leash and barking when it's dinner time.
6. what is the best thing about having each other?
That there's never a dull moment.
7. what is your favorite memory together?
favorite memory would be driving across country in the truck.
8. what is the funniest thing Edie and Claire have ever done?
Edie's got this hysterical thing that she gets under a chair and kind of bumps the chair and barks at the same time, sort of like a dance. And I would say Clair, the funniest thing she ever, she just, she walks in the weirdest, like she'll go around a rug to get out the door. She walks around things to get to where she's going. like the opposite of the floor is lava.
9. how long have you been together?
We've been together seven and a half years.
10. what is the hardest thing about caring for Edie and Claire?
Not being able to be with them all the time.
11. if you and your pet were an iconic duo (could be from anywhere… tv, movies, celebrities, history, etc) who would it be and why?
Thelma, Louise, and Edie, because we love adventures and discovering new places.
Thank you for reading this week's 33 Answers with Mrs. Sizzle and Edie + Claire! I hope this brought you some happy feels, and little grins. Sending you lots of love going into the New Year, and wishing you and your pet all the best!
Follow Mrs. Sizzle on insta: @mrssizzle
*all photography used is by: by Robiee Ziegler